The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has introduced the Orientation Programme (OP), Information Technology Training (ITT) at Intermediate level and General Management and Communications Skills (GMCS) Course at Final level so that the CA students enhance their IT skills set to meet the challenges of the international business world and to become more self-reliant and proficient of using the knowledge gained while doing the Chartered Accountancy Course.
Note that CA Institute has changed the nomenclature of GMCS-II to GMCS w.e.f. July 1, 2016. GMCS is mandatorily required by students to undergo before applying for membership of the Institute. Further, the Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India at its 361st Meeting held in December 2016 has decided that the students registered for Practical Training (Articleship) on or after 1st May, 2012 uptill 31st December, 2014 but not completed the GMCS-I course, shall be required to undergo Orientation Course (15 days) w.e.f. 1st January, 2017 in lieu of GMCS-I.
This will be applicable to the students who have completed Orientation Programme (35 hours), and registered for articleship during the above period but not completed GMCS-I.
GMCS is Compulsory for ICAI Campus Placement Programme
The Committee for Professional Accountants in Business & Industry (CPABI) of ICAI has decided that completion of GMCS is mandatory for taking part in ICAI Campus Placement Programme with effect from May 2017. That means Newly Qualified CAs shall complete their GMCS before appearing in ICAI Campus Placement Programme.
Accordingly, to cater to the needs of the Students appearing for the Final Examination in May, 2017 but are yet to complete GMCS Course, adequate arrangement has been made by the Board of Studies. Aspirants for August-September, 2017 Campus are hereby advised to enroll (through Link- www.icaionlineregistration.org or may feel free to talk to Dr. Mitali Pathak at 0120- 3045915) for GMCS at any Centre convenient to them and get it completed before the Interview Process begins in the middle of August, 2017.
Online Registration Portal for OP, ITT and GMCS Courses
The Board of Studies (BoS) and IT Directorate of CA Institute has developed an Online Portal to facilitate CA students (IPC/Final) on all India basis for registration, location-wise selection/ transfer of batch, course fee payment and generating online certificates to the participants of mandatory Orientation Programme, ITT, GMCS-I and GMCS-II Courses.
Faculty members for these courses may also register or modify their registration online for taking classes in addition to getting feedback from the students. The “Faculty Module” of Online Registration Portal is launched on 20th December, 2013.
Registration Process for OP/ITT/GMCS Courses
A) New Student Registration:
Follow these three simple steps for registering yourself for Orientation Programme, ITT, GMCS-I and GMCS-II Courses on all India basis.
Step-1: Log on to ICAIOnlineRegistration.ORG and log in using your Student Registration Number as user name and password. If you have forgot your password the you may recover your password by providing your registered email address.
However, if you are new student then click on Register as Student.
Step-2: Now enter your Registration Number (Reg. No.) of CPT Route or Direct Entry Student and proceed.
In other words, students shall enter their 10 digits Permanent/Provisional CA Registration No. starting from ERO/ WRO/ CRO/ SRO and click on proceed button so that New Student Registration Form will open.
Step-3: Finally, as a student, just provide your personal information like your full name, guardian (father/mother) name, correspondence/ permanent address, Email ID, mobile number and a unique username with password then submit and enjoy.
B) New Faculty Registration:
Follow these steps to register yourself as a faculty member for Orientation Programme, ITT, GMCS-I and GMCS-II Courses on all India basis.
Step-1: Log on to ICAIOnlineRegistration.ORG and log in using your user name and password.
However, if you are new then click on Register as Faculty.
Step-2: Now, the Faculty Registration Form will be open automatically. As a faculty, you shall have to fill up all mandatory fields in each of three window tabs viz. personal, qualifications and subjects.
i) Personal Details:
In the personal details window, you will be asked for your Full name, date of birth, address, email and mobile number etc.
ii) Qualification and Experience details:
Just choose one or more the post graduate degrees and qualifications you already have from the options given viz. CA, CS, CA with ISA, M Com, LLB, MBA (IT/HR), B.E/ B. Tech, M. Sc. with PGDCA, MCA, DOEACC and Post Graduate in Commerce/ English/ Management etc.
Note that the faculty should have minimum 2 years teaching experience for ITT and minimum 3 years teaching/ corporate experience for branches and 5 years for DCO/ Regional Council for OP and GMCS, faculty.
iii) Subject details:
There are lots of options for selecting the subjects for which you want to become faculty member. You may become Faculty member through ICAI online registration portal for the various topics of respective Courses like GMCS, Orientation Programme and Advanced ITT.
a) General Management and Communications Skills (GMCS):
- Art of Negotiation / Assertiveness Training
- Art of Public Speaking & Presentation Skills
- Business & Professional Etiquette
- Career Counseling
- Changing Role of Chartered Accountants
- Communicating with Clients / Public Relations
- Drafting Deeds & Documents
- Effective Communication
- Effective Communication – Listening Skills
- Effective Communication – Non Verbal Communication
- Employment Related Communication
- General Management – 1
- General Management – 2
- Group Discussions
- Guest Lecture
- Leadership & Motivation
- Organising & Managing Office
- Preparing for Employment Interview
- Presentation of Reports by Groups
- Productive Meetings
- Report Writing
- Representation before Authorities / Code of Ethics
- Team Building
- Technical Tools for Communication
- Time and Stress Management
- Business Communication
- Developing Personal Traits
- General Management-Part 1
- General Management-Part 2
- Interpersonal & Negotiation Skills
- Strategic Decision Making
- Strategic Decision Making Presentation-Part 1
- Strategic Decision Making Presentation-Part 2
- Business Communication
- International Business Environment Part 1
- International Business Environment-Part 2
- Interpersonal and Negotiation Skills
- Interview preparation
- Practice & Career Development-Part 1
- Practice & Career Development-Part 2
4) Orientation Programme (OP):
- About the Institute / Academic and Technical Guidance
- Business Environment (Corporate and Commercial law)
- Business Environment (Different Sectors and their significance)
- Business Environment (Indian & global)
- Business Environment (Introduction of Financial Analysis)
- Conversational Skills (Conversational Skills)
- Conversational Skills (Effective Communication and Listening Skill)
- Conversational Skills (Interpersonal Skills)
- Conversational Skills and Grooming (Art of Writing Skills)
- Conversational Skills and Grooming (Personal Grooming)
- Conversational Skills and Grooming (Presentation Skills & Assessment of Soft Skills)
- Office Procedures (Group Discussion)
- Office Procedures (Group Dynamics)
- Office Procedures (Office Etiquette)
- Office Procedures (Office Organization)
- Office Procedures (Relationship Management)
- Personality Development (Attitude and Motivation, Goal Setting, Accountability)
- Personality Development (Self Analysis, Values and Ethics)
- Accounting package (Tally ERP)
- Computer Fundamentals
- Databases (MS-Access)
- ICAI – Software for Chartered Accountants in Practice
- MS-Office Utilities
- Operating Systems
- Project Work & Presentation
- Web Technology
6) Advanced ITT:
- Advance Excel
- Computer Assisted Audit Techniques
- Core Banking Solution
- Database Application using Access
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Office Automation Applications and IT Security in a CA’s Office
- Project Report and Presentation of Case Study of IT Assurance, Consulting, Implementation using combination of above applications.
However, the Central/Regional Council and Branch Managing Committee members shall not be allowed to take the classes of OP, ITT, GMCS Courses.
Pay online Fee for GMCS/ITT/OC Registration
The Council has decided to revise the fee for the course on General Management and Communication Skills (GMCS) from ₹5500/- to ₹7000/. The students registering for the aforestated course w.e.f. 1st February, 2017 onwards shall be required to pay the revised fee of ₹7000/-.
The applicants desirous of taking Registration to ITT/OC/GMCS Courses of ICAI can avail the facility of submitting the fee through below mentioned two modes.
- Online Payment via VISA/Master Debit / Credit Cards:
The applicants can register through online portal by making payments of ITT/OC/GMCS Courses fee through Debit/Credit cards. After submitting the online registration, an applicant is required to take a print out of said form and submit the same with mentioned documents to the concerned POU. You may also use Virtual Card /VISA (Internet Banking) for fee payment of GMCS.
- Offline Payment via Demand Draft:
To make payment through offline mode for the given course, you need to make Demand Draft of the required course fee in favor of the following:
For Orientation Course – The Secretary The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India Orientation Course
For GMCS Course – The Secretary The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India GMCS
For ITT/ Advanced ITT Course – The Secretary The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India ITT
From March 2017 onwards, the payment gateway has been made operational for 17 POUs, i.e. Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Kanpur, Delhi, Pune, Thane, Ahmedabad, Baroda, Nagpur, Surat, Ernakulum, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Coimbatore, Indore and Jaipur.
The students registering from the aforestated POUs can pay the fees by using the online payment gateway for all the soft skill courses. The fees can be paid through Demand Draft also. For any further assistance/ clarifications, kindly contact the following Help Desk:
GMCS Course: 0120-3045915, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Orientation Course: 0120-3045988/927, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
ITT & Advanced ITT: 0120-3045964/924, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Therefore, please visit the online portal for OP/ITT/GMCS Courses and save your precious time. Please, let me know whether the above information is helpful for you.