ICAI has revised the weightage of marks for CA Foundation Paper-2 for May 2019 and Nov 2019 exams. CA Foundation students may download chapter wise marks allocation for law paper. ICAI released section wise and skill wise marks allocation for CA Foundation course.
The Board of Studies (BoS) of ICAI has assigned weightage of marks to various sections of Paper 2: Business Laws and Business Correspondence and Reporting. Following are the detail weightage of marks assigned to second paper of CA Foundation course exam for May/Nov 2019 under New Scheme of Education and Training:
In paper 2, there are two sections. Section A is Business Law (60 Marks) and Section B is Business Correspondence and Reporting (40 Marks). 30-39 marks theory questions and 21-30 marks practical questions shall be in Section A. Whereas, all questions of Section B shall be theory based.
- Section A is for 60 Marks of which
- 50%-65% i.e. 30-39 Marks will be theory question paper; and
- 35%-50% i.e. 21-30 Marks will be practical question paper
- Section B is for 40 Marks of which
- 100% i.e. 40 Marks questions will be Comprehension & Knowledge based.r
Section wise Weightage of Marks for Paper 2
Paper 2 (Section A): Business Laws (60 Marks)
- The Indian Contract Act, 1872: 25%-35% i.e. 15-21 marks.
- The Sale of Goods Act, 1930: 20%-25% i.e. 12-15 marks.
- The Indian Partnership Act, 1932: 20%-25% i.e. 12-15 marks.
- The Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008: 5%-10% i.e. 3-6 marks.
- The Companies Act, 2013: 15%-20% i.e. 9-12 marks.
Paper 2 (Section B): Business Correspondence and Reporting (40 Marks)
- Communication: 10%-15% i.e. 4-6 marks
- 20%-30% i.e. 8-12 marks.
- Sentence Types and Vocabulary.
- Vocabulary Root Words, Synonyms, Antonyms, Prefixes, Suffixes), Phrasal verbs, Collocations and Idioms.
- Comprehension Passages and Note Making: 20%-30% i.e. 8-12 marks.
- Comprehension Passages
- Note Making
- Developing Writing Skills: 35%-40% i.e. 14-16 marks.
- Introduction to Basic Writing
- Précis Writing
- Article Writing
- Report Writing
- Writing Formal Letters
- Writing Formal Mails
- Resume Writing