The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has recently announced that the next Campus Placement Programme shall be organised in August-September 2018. Thereafter, ICAI organise campus placement programme in Feb-March 2019.
ICAI has issued general guidelines for newly qualified Chartered Accountants for attending Campus Placement Interview and Orientation Programme 2018. A candidate who has completed GMCS/Articleship but yet to attain 21 years of age to secure ICAI membership, is required to seek special permission from CMI&B Secretariat through email at firstname.lastname@example.org, for attending Campus.
In the event of not joining the company after signing the Declaration Form, candidates have to pay a Commitment Charges of ₹5,000/ (Rupees Five Thousand) and such behavior would be viewed seriously as it blocks the opportunity of others and affects the schedule of that company.
Most CA Final students read this article:
Guidelines for ICAI Campus Placement 2018
- Secure membership of ICAI immediately after passing CA final examination.
- Quote the Membership No. or acknowledgement receipt No. issued, upon submission of Form-2, on the online portal for campus registration. Else, state by which date you will submit that membership Form-2.
- Quote GMCS completion certificate No. or mention its completion date while registering on the placement portal.
- For online registration please visit: https://cpabiplacements.icai.org and generate your password.
- Then put your CA Final Roll No. to login at https://cpabiplacements.icai.org
- Check the accuracy of the data already available on the portal concerning your candidature.
- Fill all the column/fields with care and caution as furnishing any incomplete or incorrect information may cause cancellation of your candidature during the course of campus interview.
- Secure the unique Centre code such as DEL/MUM/KOL/CHE etc.
- After successful completion of your Registration, take a print out of the profile and photo identity card and that is to be produced while visiting for attending Orientation Programme and Campus Interview.
- In the event of not being selected in bigger centre but wish to change the smaller centre, you can do so through portal on 1st – 2nd September, 2018 (up to 5:00 P.M.).
- Attend Orientation Programme (which is mandatory) at any of the 9 bigger centers, irrespective of the fact whether you have been shortlisted by any company till the date that event be held.
- Strictly adhere to the dress code as recommended for members of the Institute.
- Collect ICAI Lanyard immediately after marking your attendance in a venue, before attending the interview and carry it all along.
- The shortlisting status of various companies as well as information regarding Written/Psychometric test etc. will go to respective candidate’s login; keep on viewing your login ID at https://cpabiplacements.icai.org regularly.
- You are free to choose maximum 4 companies of your choice and give consent for attending those interviews on specified date(s) for bigger and smaller centres, in the event of not being selected at a bigger centre.
- Try to attend interview of all the companies for which you have given consent.
- Sign the printed Declaration Form that will contain your name/centre code, after you gave consent to only one company of your choice or you may fix a convenient date through mutual agreement.
- Strictly adhere to the date by which the company wants you to join or you may fix a convenient date through mutual agreement.
- Share your views and suggestion on the Feedback Form, once you completed interview.
- Food stuffs would be available at the venue according to Orientation Programme and interview schedule.
- Be at venue at least half an hour before the schedule of events such as, Orientation and Campus interview to facilitate checking of your identity.
- Group Discussion timing will be 9 A.M. to 10 A.M; Interview will begin from 10 A.M. and you need to face so according to convenience of the company for which you gave consent.
- Get Company related queries if any, clarified, such as, its future prospects, and place of posting etc. then and there, before signing the Declaration Form.
- If you are not in genuine need of a job, avoid registering for Campus Placement Programme.
- If your articleship will be completed after 30th April, 2018 please wait for next campus.
- Only shortlisted candidates would be allowed to enter the venue during the days of campus interview.
- Carry original mark-sheets only, if it was specifically required by the company that shortlisted you.
- Stay present at the venue till you have completed attending all the interviews or gave consent to a particular company.
- Organizations usually expect candidates to be available for joining them immediately; so, avoid registering for campus if you are to serve notice period for more than one month.
- Avoid blocking an opportunity, which other candidate(s) could secure, due to your indecisiveness such as, not giving consent after being shortlisted, not attending interview after giving consent, not signing the Declaration Form after being finally selected or not joining the company after signing the Declaration Form.
For Registration/ Guidance/Queries, please:
Write at email@example.com or
Contact at 011-30110555/525/450/491/526/548.
Disclaimer: The CMI&B of ICAI reserves the rights to change its policy regarding the programme, dates, venue etc., at any point of time as per its discretion.