The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has introduced the Orientation Programme (OP), Information Technology Training (ITT) at Intermediate level and General Management and Communications Skills (GMCS) Course at Final level so that the CA students enhance their IT skills set to meet the challenges of the international business world and to become more self-reliant and proficient of using the knowledge gained while doing the Chartered Accountancy Course.
Note that CA Institute has changed the nomenclature of GMCS-II to GMCS w.e.f. July 1, 2016. GMCS is mandatorily required by students to undergo before applying for membership of the Institute.
Online Registration Portal for ITT and GMCS Courses on All India Basis
The Board of Studies (BoS) and IT Directorate of CA Institute has developed an Online Portal to facilitate CA students (IPC/Final) on all India basis for registration, location-wise selection/ transfer of batch, course fee payment and generating online certificates to the participants of mandatory Orientation Programme, ITT, GMCS-I and GMCS-II Courses.
Faculty members for these courses may also register or modify their registration online for taking classes in addition to getting feedback from the students. The “Faculty Module” of Online Registration Portal is launched on 20th December, 2013.
Registration Process for OP/ITT/GMCS Courses
A) New Student Registration:
Follow these three simple steps for registering yourself for Orientation Programme, ITT, GMCS-I and GMCS-II Courses on all India basis.
Step-1: Log on to ICAIOnlineRegistration.ORG and log in using your Student Registration Number as user name and password. If you have forgot your password the you may recover your password by providing your registered email address.
However, if you are new student then click on Register as Student.
Step-2: Now enter your Registration Number (Reg. No.) of CPT Route or Direct Entry Student and proceed.
In other words, students shall enter their 10 digits Permanent/Provisional CA Registration No. starting from ERO/ WRO/ CRO/ SRO and click on proceed button so that New Student Registration Form will open.
Step-3: Finally, as a student, just provide your personal information like your full name, guardian (father/mother) name, correspondence/ permanent address, Email ID, mobile number and a unique username with password then submit and enjoy.
B) New Faculty Registration:
Follow these steps to register yourself as a faculty member for Orientation Programme, ITT, GMCS-I and GMCS-II Courses on all India basis.
Step-1: Log on to ICAIOnlineRegistration.ORG and log in using your user name and password.
However, if you are new then click on Register as Faculty.
Step-2: Now, the Faculty Registration Form will be open automatically. As a faculty, you shall have to fill up all mandatory fields in each of three window tabs viz. personal, qualifications and subjects.
i) Personal Details:
In the personal details window, you will be asked for your Full name, date of birth, address, email and mobile number etc.
ii) Qualification and Experience details:
Just choose one or more the post graduate degrees and qualifications you already have from the options given viz. CA, CS, CA with ISA, M Com, LLB, MBA (IT/HR), B.E/ B. Tech, M. Sc. with PGDCA, MCA, DOEACC and Post Graduate in Commerce/ English/ Management etc.
Note that the faculty should have minimum 2 years teaching experience for ITT and minimum 3 years teaching/ corporate experience for branches and 5 years for DCO/ Regional Council for OP and GMCS, faculty.
iii) Subject details:
There are lots of options for selecting the subjects for which you want to become faculty member. You may become Faculty member through ICAI online registration portal for the various topics of respective Courses like GMCS, Orientation Programme and Advanced ITT.
a) General Management and Communications Skills (GMCS):
- Art of Negotiation / Assertiveness Training
- Art of Public Speaking & Presentation Skills
- Business & Professional Etiquette
- Career Counseling
- Changing Role of Chartered Accountants
- Communicating with Clients / Public Relations
- Drafting Deeds & Documents
- Effective Communication
- Effective Communication – Listening Skills
- Effective Communication – Non Verbal Communication
- Employment Related Communication
- General Management – 1
- General Management – 2
- Group Discussions
- Guest Lecture
- Leadership & Motivation
- Organising & Managing Office
- Preparing for Employment Interview
- Presentation of Reports by Groups
- Productive Meetings
- Report Writing
- Representation before Authorities / Code of Ethics
- Team Building
- Technical Tools for Communication
- Time and Stress Management
- Business Communication
- Developing Personal Traits
- General Management-Part 1
- General Management-Part 2
- Interpersonal & Negotiation Skills
- Strategic Decision Making
- Strategic Decision Making Presentation-Part 1
- Strategic Decision Making Presentation-Part 2
- Business Communication
- International Business Environment Part 1
- International Business Environment-Part 2
- Interpersonal and Negotiation Skills
- Interview preparation
- Practice & Career Development-Part 1
- Practice & Career Development-Part 2
4) Orientation Programme (OP):
- About the Institute / Academic and Technical Guidance
- Business Environment (Corporate and Commercial law)
- Business Environment (Different Sectors and their significance)
- Business Environment (Indian & global)
- Business Environment (Introduction of Financial Analysis)
- Conversational Skills (Conversational Skills)
- Conversational Skills (Effective Communication and Listening Skill)
- Conversational Skills (Interpersonal Skills)
- Conversational Skills and Grooming (Art of Writing Skills)
- Conversational Skills and Grooming (Personal Grooming)
- Conversational Skills and Grooming (Presentation Skills & Assessment of Soft Skills)
- Office Procedures (Group Discussion)
- Office Procedures (Group Dynamics)
- Office Procedures (Office Etiquette)
- Office Procedures (Office Organization)
- Office Procedures (Relationship Management)
- Personality Development (Attitude and Motivation, Goal Setting, Accountability)
- Personality Development (Self Analysis, Values and Ethics)
- Accounting package (Tally ERP)
- Computer Fundamentals
- Databases (MS-Access)
- ICAI – Software for Chartered Accountants in Practice
- MS-Office Utilities
- Operating Systems
- Project Work & Presentation
- Web Technology
6) Advanced ITT:
- Advance Excel
- Computer Assisted Audit Techniques
- Core Banking Solution
- Database Application using Access
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Office Automation Applications and IT Security in a CA’s Office
- Project Report and Presentation of Case Study of IT Assurance, Consulting, Implementation using combination of above applications.
However, the Central/Regional Council and Branch Managing Committee members shall not be allowed to take the classes of OP, ITT, GMCS Courses.
Therefore, please visit the online portal for OP/ITT/GMCS Courses and save your precious time. Please, let me know whether the above information is helpful for you.