The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) 2017 official notification on the official website, the link for which is upsc.gov.in
Interested candidates may fill up online application form for UPSC Civil Services Exams 2017 by using the website upsconline.nic.in. According to official notification about UPSC civil services preliminary examinations, following are the list of posts and services for which UPSC exams shall be held in 2017:
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
- Indian Police Service (IPS)
- Indian P and T Accounts and Finance Service, Group A
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group A
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group A
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group A
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group A
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group A (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian Postal Service, Group A
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group A
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group A
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group A
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group A
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group A
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group A
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group A
- Indian Trade Service, Group A (Gr. III)
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group A
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group B (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman and Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group B
- Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman and Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group B
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group B
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group B
Apart from all these posts and services, the Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) has notified for the Indian Forest Services (IFS). Note that the preliminary examination for this will be done through Civil Services only.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
Negative Marking in UPSC Exams:
Candidates should note that there will be penalty (negative marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
Apply for UPSC Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination 2017
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts:
- The Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective Type) for the selection of the candidates for main examination; and
- Civil Service (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various services and posts.
UPSC Registration/ Exam Form:
There are two parts of registration form for UPSC exams and you have to fill up both the parts i.e. part-I and part-II of the application. In Part I registration, you will have to fill your basic information. On submission of details, candidate will be prompted to check the details and make correction, if any, in the application.
Whereas, the part-II shall consist of filling up Payment details (except for fee exempted candidates), selection of examination centre, uploading of Photograph and Signature and agreeing to declaration.
On successful completion of your complete application, an auto-generated email will be sent on your registered email-id. In case email is not received by you please check / ensure that submission of Part-II of the Application has been made by you.
Mode of Payment of UPSC Exam Fee:
There are three options for the payment of fee-Pay
i) by Cash in any branch of State Bank of India,
ii) Pay by credit/debit Card and
iii) Pay by Net Banking facility of SBI.
Candidates can pay application fee online through SBI net banking or by cash through SBI bank challan or through credit card/debit card.
To pay fee in cash, candidate should take printout of challan generated online after completion of registration. Candidate may go to nearest SBI branch for depositing fee after 24 hours of generation of challan. “Pay by cash” mode option will be deactivated at 23.59 hours of 16-03-2017 i.e. one day before the closing date.
You may click on View/Print option at the following website address:
Then enter Registration ID and DOB to print your submitted application.
Photo Size and Format:
Scanned photograph should be in JPG format. The digital size of file must be less than 40 kb and greater than 3 kb and resolution 140 Pixel height by 110 Pixel width and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
Image file Type: JPG
Image Size: 3KB to 40KB
Image Resolution: Width 110px and Height 140px
Scanned Signature Format and Size:
Then upload your scanned signature in JPG format. The digital size of each file must be less than 40 kb and greater than 1 kb and resolution 110 Pixel height by 140 Pixel width and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
Scanned Signature Format: JPG
Scanned Signature Size: 1KB to 40KB
Scanned Signature Resolution: Width 140px and Height 110px
Age Limit for UPSC Exam:
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2017 i.e., he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1985 and not later than 1st August, 1996.
UPSC Exam Form in Hindi:
UPSC exam online application form shall be available in both language i.e. English Language and Hindi Language but it can only be filled in English Language.
UPSC Exam Form Last Date:
Registration of Part-I & Part-II will be treated as valid from 22-02-2017 (12:00 Noon) to 17-03-2017 (6:00 P.M.) and applicants making force entry outside the above timings will be treated as invalid.
Admit Card of UPSC Exams:
Those candidates who has registered for UPSC 2017 exams can download e-AC with details of centre address around three weeks ahead of Examination Date.