The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) conducts two times a year campus placement programme for newly qualified Chartered Accountants (CA) who have passed CA Final Exams and completed GMCS. Today, we shall discuss about report of ICAI campus placement programme completed in the month of Feb-March 2017 for masters in accounting salary or Chartered Accountant income per month.
Recently, the Committee for Professional Accountants in Business & Industry (CPABI) of ICAI has organises Campus Placement Programmes Feb-March 2017 for Newly Qualified Chartered Accountants. The committee, as a matter of routine practice, organises Orientation Programme in all the 22 centres, including Ludhiana for candidates so as to sharpen the soft skills of candidates and to provide them technical updates.
This term ICAI placement programme has been successfully organised in 21 centres in India. The name of 9 bigger centres are Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi and Pune. Whereas, the name of 12 smaller centres are Baroda, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Durgapur, Ernakulum, Indore, Kanpur, Nagpur, Navi Mumbai, Thane & Vasai. Candidates are eligible to take part interview in two centres, one smaller and another bigger. In case of being selected in a smaller centre, he/she is not allowed to participate in interviews held at bigger centres, subsequently.
Report Analysis of ICAI Placement Feb-March 2017
In February-March 2017 campus placement programme total 4261 newly qualified CAs were registered while only 4081 candidates were shortlisted. 1205 candidates have accepted the jobs out of 1267 job offered by the participating companies.
Chartered Accountant income per month is ₹3.58 Lakh for International posting as per report on ICAI Campus Placement Programme organised and successfully completed in February-March, 2017. Highest salary i.e. CTC offered for domestic posting is ₹21.00 Lakh per annum whereas, highest CTC offered to newly qualified CA for International posting is ₹43.00 Lakh Per Annum.
In accordance with the latest ICAI placement, the average salary of a Chartered Accountant is ₹8.50 Lakh Per Annum. In other words, a newly CA may get an average salary of ₹71 thousand per month and ₹1.75 lakhs monthly salary in posting in India.
You should also read these articles:
Following are highlights of ICAI placement Feb-March 2017:
- Total 4261 candidates registered in ICAI placement programme Feb-March 2017 and out of theme only 4081 candidates were shortlisted.
- Total 118 companies and CA Firms were participated in ICAI campus placement and they formed 199 Interview Teams for Newly qualified Cas.
- 1267 Jobs were offered by the participating companies to 3398 candidates who finally appeared for the interview. That means percentage of placement (job offered/ candidates appeared) is 37.29%.
- Number of Jobs Accepted by the candidates is 1205.
- Highest Freshers CAs salary offered for domestic posting was ₹21,00,000 p.a.
- Highest Chartered Accountants salary i.e. CTC offered for International posting was ₹43,00,000 p.a.
- Average Cost to Company (CTC) for Chartered Accountant is ₹8,50,000 p.a.
Salary Structure offered to Chartered Accountant
ICAI Placement Feb-March 2017
Salary Range (per annum)
Number of Candidates
₹ 9,00,000 and above
₹7,50,000 to ₹9,00,000
₹6,00,000 to ₹7,50,000
₹5,00,000 to ₹6,00,000
₹4,00,000 to ₹5,00,000
In Feb-March 2017 ICAI placement, there are total 118 companies have participated and they formed 199 interview Teams for shortlisting newly qualified CAs. Following are the list of Companies participated in ICAI placement programme held Feb-March 2017:
- Accenture Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Adani Enterprise Limited
- ADM Agro industries India Pvt Ltd.
- Adukia & Asssociates
- Anand Automotive Limited
- ATC Tires Pvt Ltd
- Avenue Supermarts Ltd. (D-MART)
- Axis Bank Ltd.
- Bajaj Finance Ltd
- Barclays Shared Services private Limited
- BEML Limited
- Bharat Electronics Limited
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation. Limited
- Bharti Airtel Ltd
- Blue Star Limited
- Britannia Industries Ltd
- Capgemini Business services
- Capital First Ltd.
- Cargill Business Services India Pvt. Ltd.
- CavinKare Pvt Ltd
- Computer Age Management Services Pvt Ltd
- Coromandel International Ltd.
- Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Limited
- Deloitte Haskins & Sells LLP
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd
- Futures First Info Services Private Limited
- Futures First Info Services Pvt Ltd
- GAIL (India) Limited
- Genpact AIG
- Hindalco Industries Limited
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
- HLL Lifecare Limited
- HSCC (INDIA) Limited
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
- IDBI Capital Markets & Securities Limited
- India Tourism Development Corporation Ltd
- Indiabulls Housing Finance Limited
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- Infosys Ltd.
- ITC Limited
- J S Sundaram & Co
- Janalakshmi Financial Services Ltd.
- Karvy Computershare Pvt. Ltd
- Kotak Mahindra Old Mutual Life Insurance Ltd
- Krishak Bharati Cooperative Limited (KRIBHCO)
- LIC Housing Finance Ltd
- Loyal Textile Mills Ltd
- Macquarie Global Services
- Maruti Suzuki India
- Medlife International Pvt Limited
- Mount Meru Group
- MRF LTD
- NLC India Limited
- NTT DATA Information Processing Services Private Limited
- ONGC Limited
- PepsiCo India Holdings Pvt Ltd
- PHILLIPOS & CO
- Pidilite Industries Limited
- Power Finance Corporation Ltd.
- Price Waterhouse & Co Chartered Accountants LLP
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers Private Limited
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Service Delivery Center (Kolkata) Private Limited
- Prism Cement Limited.
- R K P ASSOCIATES
- R.M. Rajapurkar and Company
- Ramco Systems Ltd
- Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited
- RBS Services India Pvt. Ltd.
- Redington India Ltd
- Reliance Industries Ltd
- Royal Enfield (Unit of Eicher Motors Ltd)
- RPG Enterprise
- S.R. Batliboi & Co. LLP
- Saint Gobain India Private Limited
- Shell India Markets Pvt. Ltd.
- Standard Chartered – GBS
- State Bank of India
- Suresh Surana & Associates LLP
- Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.
- Tata Motors Ltd
- Technip India Limited
- Tega Industries Ltd.
- The Federal Bank Limited
- The Tata Power Company Ltd.
- Thomson Reuters International Services Private Limited
- Time Analytic & Shared Services Private Limited
- Tolaram Group
- TVS Motor Company Limited
- UBS Business Solutions India
- UTI Asset Management Company Pvt.Ltd.
- Uttam Glava Steels Limited
- V. Singhi & Associates
- Vedanta Limited (Unit – Sterlite Copper)
- Vink Corporation DMCC
- Vinod Kumar & Assocaites
- VIP Industries Ltd
- Viteos Capital Markets Services Ltd
- Wacker Metroark Chemicals Pvt ltd
- WNS Global Services (P) Ltd.
Did you know? As on date there are total 2,68,765 Chartered Accountants including 1,82,150 Associate Chartered Accountants (ACA) and 86,615 Fellow Chartered Accountants (FCA). There are total 53,898 ACAs are holding Certificate of Practice (COP) whereas, total 73,263 FCAs are having COP. That means, there are 1,27,161 ICAI members are in practice, on the other hand 141604 Cas are in service.